This one-story California Bungalow is located in the foothills overlooking the beach community of Santa Barbara. The property is only 2.4 miles from the Pacific Ocean and was acquired below market value. The borrower is an experienced real estate rehabber and will be carrying out an extensive rehab of this property, including, but not limited to foundation repair, stucco, paint, windows, a new roof, landscaping, and clean-up to the property with the intent of relisting for sale.
- Forward-Looking Statements: Investors should not rely on any forward-looking statements made regarding this opportunity, because such statements are inherently uncertain and involve risks. We use words such as “anticipated”, “projected”, “forecasted”, “estimated”, “prospective”, “believes”, “expects”, “plans”, “future”, “intends”, “should”, “can”, “could”, “might”, “potential”, “continue”, “may”, “will”, and similar expressions to identify these forward-looking statements.
- Market Risk: Investments related to mortgages secured by real estate are subject to market valuation risks that may be caused by changing economic and local market conditions. The property underlying the corresponding borrower loan is expected to have reasonably acceptable loan-to-value ratios and to meet certain other valuation criteria, but estimated values made when the loan is originated may not fully represent current market values, and subsequent market values will in particular be affected by changing economic or local market conditions. Such conditions are beyond the control of Realty Mogul and of the corresponding borrower on this loan. Such conditions may change due to factors such as local real estate market conditions, prevailing interest rates, the rate of unemployment, the level of consumer confidence, the value of the U.S. dollar, energy prices, changes in consumer spending, the number of personal bankruptcies, disruptions in the credit markets and other factors.
- Credit Risk: The borrower loan is being made with respect to a property that is in need of repairs, a situation that does not generally meet the financing criteria for conventional mortgages from institutional sources. Credit risk is inherent in the mortgage lending industry, and there can be no assurance that the credit worthiness of the borrower will be sufficient to assure the full repayment of the underlying borrower loan.
- Insurance Risk: The borrower will maintain insurance of the kind that is customarily obtained for similar properties, but is not expected to carry certain disaster-type insurance (covering events of a catastrophic nature, such as earthquakes). In the event that an uninsured disaster should occur to the real property underlying the corresponding borrower loan, or in the event a borrower does not maintain the required insurance and a loss occurs, Realty Mogul could experience difficulty recovering the principal amount of the corresponding borrower loan and any interest due thereon.
- Borrower payment dependent note structure: Investors are purchasing borrower payment dependent notes issued by Realty Mogul, Co., which are tied to the performance of an underlying borrower loan secured by real property. The notes are special, limited obligations of Realty Mogul, Co. that pay only if, as, and to the extent payments are received on the underlying borrower loan. The notes are not secured by any collateral, including without limitation the assets of the borrower, or guaranteed or insured by any third party.
- There is a full personal guarantee on the underlying borrower loan.
- The security interest for the underlying borrower loan is a mortgage deed.
- The underlying borrower loan is protected by title insurance.
- The underlying property is protected by hazard insurance.
- Investor returns are not contingent on the appreciation of the property value and investor returns do not increase based on any resale price. The borrower is still obligated to repay the corresponding borrower loan.
*The above is not intended to be a full discussion of all the risks of this investment.
(877) 781-7062Contact Investor Relations