Here at RealtyMogul.com, we keep our finger on the pulse of all things real estate, from finance to technology and everything in between. We make a point of sharing interesting articles and think pieces among RealtyMogul.com staff to help our team stay abreast of the market, and ahead of the curve.
So we thought, why not share some of these insights with you, our partners?
Got A Minute? Here’s some recommended reading with key points from the content:
100% probability of a December hike, Fed funds futures contracts show (MarketWatch)
- To no one’s surprise based on Fed Chair Janet Yellen’s comments last week, it appears imminent that the Fed will raise rates in December as future contracts are pricing in a 100% probability of a raise next month.
CBRE Global Investment Partners Buys Stake in $1.5 Billion Retail Property Portfolio (WSJ)
- On the heels of last week’s Regency Centers Corp and Equity One deal, CBRE is making a large investment into the retail sector as they are taking a 45% stake in the $1.5B portfolio controlled by Lerlone Geier Partners. The 55 property portfolio is primarily consisted of grocery anchored retail centers on the West Coast. The goal was to “tap into rising consumer spending in a region driven by technology-sector growth.”
In New Jersey and Long Island, Developers Eye Office-to-Warehouse Conversions (WSJ)
- A few one-off office-to-industrial conversions are highlighted in this article and are beginning to pop up in New Jersey and Long Island as industrial fundamentals and values continues to rise. These conversions are atypical due to the downgrade in use and likely only feasible due to the soft office markets with vacancy rates ranging from 15%-25%.
Best States For Business (Forbes)
- Forbes annual list of the best states to do business in considering business costs, labor supply, regulatory environment, economic climate, growth prospects, and quality of life
- Here are the top 5:
- Rounding out the bottom of the list is New Mexico (46), Alaska, Mississippi, Maine, and West Virginia (50).
These 10 Cities Experienced Large Apartment Rent Boosts in November (Bisnow)
- While multifamily rent growth continues to moderate nationally, these top 10 cities experienced the strongest annualized rent growth for the month of October
- San Jose (+13%)
- Sacramento (+5%)
- Virginia Beach (+4%)
- Las Vegas (+4%)
- Omaha (+3%)
- Baltimore (+3%)
- Indianapolis (+3%)
- Albuquerque (+3%)
- Houston (+3%)
- Raleigh (+2%)